Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An Entire Locally Sourced Meal! YAY!

While making dinner tonight I realized that everything was from a local farmer and I got so excited I had to share it!




The colour of these purple potatoes was amazing!! They are packed with antioxidants!    
Broccoli rabe/rapini on the right. It's related to cabbage, kale, cauliflower and mustard family. It's high in phytochemicals (cancer defenders).  These were from a program called Field Goods, who sources local items and delivers them! 


Some fresh chopped dill from my very own little garden! Dill is high in calcium and can help protect the body from free radicals. Farm fresh eggs, from the local farmers market!
They are high in nutrients and most importantly, came from happy chickens!!
 
Finished Product. Only wish I had put the dill on the egg to make it look prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment