Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mini Hiatus

I've had a few busy days so took a mini hiatus from blogging, but now I'm back!

I was able to get in a couple runs but I have to admit the rainy grey weather is making me feel a little unmotivated. Here's a little recap of my last couple runs:

Friday, June 7th:
Went outside for about 9.5 miles. I felt great for the first 5 and then just felt extremely tired, but since I had run 5 miles from home I had to keep going to get back. I have to confess; I took a few walking breaks. There's something about having to walk that my ego doesn't like but no amount of encouraging self-talk was working. I was one happy camper when I walked in my front door! I was around a 7:58 pace for the first 5 and then ranged between 8:15 and 8:40; of course, that doesn't include those walking breaks.

Saturday and Sunday were days off due to a busy schedule, some travel and too many drinks at a wedding, oops. However, I think the amount of dancing I did equals a workout.

Monday, June 10th
 10 mile run on the treadmill at an 8:30 average. Cable TV was an excellent distraction!

I haven't decided what today is going to entail...oh, but these came in the mail while I was away! Looking forward to testing them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment